sparkZLee, GoodVibes, Nauritus
- OOC - Out of Character
- IC - in character
- RP - Roleplay
- IRP - In Roleplay
- Metagaming - Out of character knowledge used to dictate their actions in character
- Powergaming - Roleplaying your character in a manner that creates an action that assumes success or disallows other player intervention.
Chat & Discord Rules
- Be respectful to others OOC (out of character). Toxicity is not tolerated. Keep your drama in private chats. No irl politics or religion in public channels.
- No inappropriate or sexually explicit content or OOC discrimination of any kind (race, gender, beliefs, sexual orientation).
- Only send messages in their proper channels. Do not clog lore channels with spam.
- Advertisement of non-Alathra related things is not allowed.
- Alathra’s community is not a substitute for a therapist, if you are experiencing distress or other mental issues, please contact a professional.
- Don't DM staff members under any circumstance regarding server issues, make a ticket instead.
- Use the ticket system on discord (#support-ticket) to report issues or appeals.
- Respect staff decisions and comply with moderators when asked.
- Attempts to get other players punished without substantial proof will likely result in punishments directed towards yourself instead.
- Report incidents as they happen. Hoarding evidence over a long period of time only makes it less likely that substantial proof will be found under investigation or that action will be taken in general.
- Serious accusations must be accompanied with proof.
- Don't complain about staff decisions in public chats. Appeals can be made using the ticket system.
- Do not impersonate staff or attempt to do their job.
- Do not make towns or outposts within 100 blocks of another town.
- Faction-styled builds are not allowed. (Example: Obsidian walls / sky bases).
- Town defenses must be grounded in realism.
- Towns must have a visible build on the surface of the claim.
- Builds which are deemed offensive can and will be removed by staff/admins.
- Nations must have realistic borders. Towns must be within 1000 blocks of the nearest town in the nation.
- No metagaming or powergaming.
- No roleplaying slavery, racism, homophobia, or genocide.
- Consenting or non-consenting romantic roleplay between an adult and a minor is not allowed. Additionally erotic roleplay as a whole is not permitted.
- Actions in-game can and likely will be taken as roleplay actions by other players unless explicitly stated to not be (OOC chat etc.). You are responsible for your own actions.
- Do not use real places, people, religions, historical events, or established fictional media in RP.
- Keep to the theme of the server in build, character, and RP: (Medieval fantasy).
- Excessive lies/slander against individuals or nations will not be permitted.
- Do not kill characters off to avoid consequences.
Farms & Automation Rules:
- Auto / AFK farms are forbidden. Farms must require player interaction I.e (A button or lever being pressed).
- No togglable automatic farms.
- Players must do 100% of the damage in any mob farm and the mobs must be able to hurt the player (i.e. dark rooms).
- Auto smelters are allowed.
- Any farm causing lag can be removed or altered by staff at any point.
- Non-consensual continuous and unwarranted killing of players is not allowed.
- Roleplay should be attempted before killing a player.
- You can kill a player for trespassing, however they must be warned to leave before initiating combat and given time to respond.
- Unwarranted bed camping is not allowed.
- Lava and withers are not allowed during combat.
- Use of fire/TNT/end crystals for combat is permitted.
- Combat logging is not allowed.
- You are not entitled to your items if you die in combat.
- Traps are allowed, but must placed prior to engaging in combat.
- Surrounding a player with blocks is not allowed in combat. Sealing off rooms is permitted.
- Traps are allowed, but must be placed prior to engaging in combat (explosives are not included in this rule).
- Griefing is not allowed under any circumstances.
- Repurposing unclaimed builds is allowed.
- Theft is allowed in the wilderness.
- Scamming is allowed along with its rp consequences.
Exploits, Hacks & Other Rules:
- Abusing an exploit to get items or money and hiding the results from staff is not allowed.
- Hacks or hacked clients are not allowed.
- Alt accounts that are being used for an unfair advantage are not allowed.
- Duping in any form is not allowed.
- Lag machines are not permitted.
- Chunk loading exploits are not allowed.
- Do not abuse the lockpicking system with excessive doors
- Only permitted mods are allowed. Click here to view allowed mods.
The War Rules
- War declarations are posted in the war-declaration channel in the discord.
- Only leaders with approved rp characters may declare a war.
- Follow the provided war template provided in the war-declaration channel.
- War may only result from valid RP reasoning.
- You cannot use unrealistically large claims as a means of declaring war.
- Allies must post their involvement in the war declaration thread and must wait 24 hours after their announcement before participating.
- Mercenaries are allowed to join a war but must join as a town.
- Mercenaries must be paid a reasonable amount and provide proof of payment; a screenshot in the war declaration. Abuse of this system will result in punishment.
- Don't attempt to enforce ridiculously unfair demands.
- Contact staff to start a war in-game. All participants must join when created.
- Staff may determine who is a participant in certain situations.
- Hostilities are not allowed until 24 hours after the war declaration
- Laws of war may be created and agreed upon by the war participants. These are gentlemen's agreements and will not be enforced by staff.
General War Rules:
- You cannot move your homeblock or /t spawn after joining a war unless it is during the 24 hour grace period.
- No unnecessary delaying of wars or avoiding conflict.
- Don't break treaties/agreements with other nations/towns with no RP justification.
- If you leave the war plugin you may not rejoin the war.
- You may still be subject to the consequences of your side losing even if you leave the plugin.
- Alt accounts are not allowed to be used as tools of war.
- Spectators are not allowed to participate in any way, shape, or form. If you are a spectator in a warzone you may be collateral damage.
- Looting is allowed during war.
- A staff member cannot resolve a war rule discrepancy if they are directly or indirectly involved in the war itself.
- New war participants must wait at least 1 hour before engaging in combat.
- Offline sieges are not allowed. A member of the town must be on when the siege is declared.
- You cannot teleport into a siege.
- You must breach a town’s main area. Do not capture by flying above the homeblock.
- Defenders may not trap in or around the homechunk. (This includes placing explosives near the homechunk).
- The homechunk must have an accessible entrance to attackers (A door that can be lock picked).
- Do not cheese the homechunk. (No mazes, forcing players to crawl, swim, parkour, extremely small rooms, etc.)
- Sieges on inactive (for 30+ days) towns will be granted instant victory for the attacker.
The following rules apply to staff members only.
General Staff Rules:
- Do not abuse permissions/abilities granted to you by your staff rank.
- Refrain from arguing with players in public channels, bring it into a private channel such as a ticket.
- Do not share information from staff channels in public channels without approval from your team lead.
- Do not leak information available to you as a staff member to players, especially if it gives them an in-game advantage.
- Do not use information available to you as a staff member for your own advantage in-game.
- Do not criticize staff members in public channels, voice your criticism in staff-only channels or to them directly.
Moderation Staff Rules:
- You are prohibited from responding directly to a report/ticket of staff abuse if you are involved in any way, even if there are false claims.
- You are prohibited from processing player reports that involve yourself, town members, nation members or close friends.
- You are prohibited from responding to war tickets if you are involved in the war in any way.
- You must consult the punishment guidelines when determining adequate punishment for a player.
- Record the punishment including details in moderation logs on the discord and in the player's profile in the moderation channels. This can be done after the punishment.
- Create a thread and write expanded moderation logs when deemed necessary by the moderation staff.
- For ambiguous situations, consult other moderators, senior moderators and the server manager if needed.
- Do not antagonize punished players or post passive aggressive messages in moderation logs.